Testing is performing your Taekwondo Skills for your instructor (and a panel of judges) to demonstrate your current level and your desire to attain the next belt in Taekwondo.
- Make sure to find out what qualifications you must have a few weeks before the test date.
- Turn in your application and fees on time.
- Arrive early, if possible, with a clean, pressed uniform. If you must be late because of an emergency, call to let the school know you are coming.
- Respect all judges and all guests. Make sure your own guests know that they must remove shoes; make sure they know where they should sit or watch. Find out this information from your instructor or from senior students ahead of time.
- Always respond to questions and commands loudly and clearly. Nothing impresses the judges more than a hearty “Yes, SIR,” when you are called up.
- Respect the other belts who are testing. Watch them. You want to be there one day yourself.
- Above all, when you have a test to prepare for, make sure you practice your techniques at every class!
Home Rules for Youth Promotion Testing
- Children will respect parents and family members at all times.
- Children will greet their parents when they enter the house and say goodbye when they leave.
- Children will be truthful at all times.
- Children will maintain a good relationship with their brothers and sisters.
- Children must help will household chores.
- Children will keep their own room neat and clean.
- Children must keep their body, hair, and teeth clean at all times.
- Children will not interrupt adult conversations.
- Children will study their school work at school and at home.
- Children must show respect for teachers and peers at all times.
- Children should always finish what they have started.
Student need to know this for test question: Your birthday, tae kwon do birthday(start day), the year tae kwon do started (April 11,1955), parents’ birthdays and instructor’s birthday.
Persons testing for black belt should first show their heart; second, how they teach class; and third. their technique.
Promotion Testing Prepare
Practice makes you better at Taekwondo……
Poomsae Form Meaning and videos so you can practice at home.
Practice regularly (at home). Go to class every week – that goes without saying. But you should also practice at home, whenever you can spare the time. My experience both as a student and an instructor is that people who practice their Taekwondo at home get better a lot faster than their TKD peers. Especially their cardio and flexibility.
Promotion Testing: You will be asked to demonstrate techniques on Curriculum.
Promotion Testing every 2 months upon approval.
Tenets of Martial Arts
Children and Adults you will learn Tenets of martial arts