Testing is performing your Taekwondo Skills for your instructor (and a panel of judges) to demonstrate your current level and your desire to attain the next belt in Taekwondo.
- Make sure to find out what qualifications you must have a few weeks before the test date.
- Turn in your application and fees on time.
- Arrive early, if possible, with a clean, pressed uniform. If you must be late because of an emergency, call to let the school know you are coming.
- Respect all judges and all guests. Make sure your own guests know that they must remove shoes; make sure they know where they should sit or watch. Find out this information from your instructor or from senior students ahead of time.
- Always respond to questions and commands loudly and clearly. Nothing impresses the judges more than a hearty “Yes, SIR,” when you are called up.
- Respect the other belts who are testing. Watch them. You want to be there one day yourself.
- Above all, when you have a test to prepare for, make sure you practice your techniques at every class!
Home Rules for Youth Promotion Testing
- Children will respect parents and family members at all times.
- Children will greet their parents when they enter the house and say goodbye when they leave.
- Children will be truthful at all times.
- Children will maintain a good relationship with their brothers and sisters.
- Children must help will household chores.
- Children will keep their own room neat and clean.
- Children must keep their body, hair, and teeth clean at all times.
- Children will not interrupt adult conversations.
- Children will study their school work at school and at home.
- Children must show respect for teachers and peers at all times.
- Children should always finish what they have started.
Student need to know this for test question: Your birthday, tae kwon do birthday(start day), the year tae kwon do started (April 11,1955), parents’ birthdays and instructor’s birthday.
Persons testing for black belt should first show their heart; second, how they teach class; and third. their technique.
Promotion Testing Prepare
Practice makes you better at Taekwondo……
Poomsae Form Meaning and videos so you can practice at home.
Practice regularly (at home). Go to class every week – that goes without saying. But you should also practice at home, whenever you can spare the time. My experience both as a student and an instructor is that people who practice their Taekwondo at home get better a lot faster than their TKD peers. Especially their cardio and flexibility.
Promotion Testing: You will be asked to demonstrate techniques on Curriculum.
Promotion Testing every 2 months upon approval.
Info you should know.
GM Jung has asked for the following rules for testing:
1. Testing for brown belt and above must be done at the main school during the regular testing time. The only exceptions are for family emergencies and special family events.1. Testing for brown belt and above must be done at the main school during the regular testing time. The only exceptions are for family emergencies and special family events.
2. Testing for other belt levels should also be done at the main school during the regular testing. If a student has an approved reason for not attending regular testing, eg a medical reason, family emergency, or a special family event, the student may attend a make up test with the preferred site to be the main school. This should not include students who just want to attend other events, eg sporting events, dances, etc. For those students testing should be delayed to the next regular test time.
3. The home school may be the preferred test site for tiny tigers, but those students3. The home school may be the preferred test site for tiny tigers, but those students may also be included in regular testing.
4.If a branch school has a pre-existing agreement with GM Jung, that agreement will continue.
Tenets of Martial Arts
Children and Adults you will learn Tenets of martial arts
Belt Configuration Brown & Red Belt Holders
Temporary Black Belt
Testing Fee Schedule
Colored Belts – $45
Brown Belts – $50
Temporary Black Belts – $190 for 6 months
1st Dan Black Belt – $240 1 1/2 years
2nd Dan Black Belt – $317 2 Years
3rd Dan Black Belt – $360 2 1/2 years
4th Dan Black Belt – $405 3 years
5th Dan Black Belt – $493 3 1/2 years
6th Dan Black Belt – $595 4 Years
7th Dan Black Belt – $708 4 1/2 Years
8th Dan Black Belt – $838 5 Years
9th Dan Black Belt – $977
All Color belt and Black belt test fees:
make checks out to Jung’s Black Belt Association
Price list for uniforms (Doboks) and patches.
Student uniforms $35.00
Student uniforms $35.00
Top with Black trim medium weight $50.00
Black Belt uniform with black trim on top and bottom medium weight $70.00
Black Belt uniform with Black trim on top and bottom heavy weight $82.00
Red school patch $7.00